.

.
8.6.16

A Year of Pleasures: Welcome Ramadan


Three days before Ramadan I felt ready. A whole 2 weeks before, I purchased all the goodies for the kids (more on that later), and made a short list of things that needed to be done. A lot of it was crossed of (it was a short list anyway), but laundry, oh the laundry has piled high again, and the toilets always need a scrubbing, seriously!
I also made a second list of Ramadan Musts for 2016. The fact is every single Ramadan I have made the same list of goals...read Quran, memorize verses, do more charity and etc. Well, these are all good of course. But to actually plan to focus on the kids more meant that there was room for improvement, and there is, but the issue is also that Z is not a baby any more, and that's a new dynamic all on its own.

My list consisted of 2 simple things:
teaching kids about Islam & Muslims.
getting vitamin N with kids & hubby if he's home every day- unless I am ill.

I am still playing catch up right now. There's at least 3 loads of laundry to do. I have no intention of doing any ironing at all - sorry! I also prepare very simple iftars in the AM at about 7 AM, and then I go on my way- work awaits. And since I made a vow to spend my evenings with the children- and I do not want to make light of what that means for all of us, I will hopefully continue to do that. Everything else can wait.

/ rideau park


Stories

+

Followers

Contact

Search

About the Template