.

.
8.6.16

A Year of Pleasures: Yes Mom (sort of)


I saw Shonda Rhimes' Ted Talk about her Year of Yes, and I hope to read her book very soon. Honestly, I am not prepared to be a "yes" mom (which in itself is an issue). It will take some time with everything else that's going on - BUT-  I am working on it.  What I am prepared to do is to try and give my kids as much of my time as possible. I am trying to say "YES" and just go with the flow.

On the first day of Ramadan we went down by the Bow River, ran through a maze, and picked flowers - among other things. It was one of the best days that I spent outside with my young children.

The second day, we went for a bus ride- which is awesome by the way. The kids would rather take the bus than drive in the car. I'm likely to oblige in the warm weather.
Then we went to the library, where big boy played and Z slept.

And me, how am I doing? Well so far so good...3 days in.
I do not follow my desires first. I try to listen to the children aka I would rather rest after work than walk and run around outside for hours. I take that walk anyway.
Food does not rule me, therefore I have a lot of energy aka I eat the right things (little salt, almost no sugar, no caffeine etc) at iftar and suhoor and I drink a lot of water = I feel strong enough to play with my kids in the evenings, that's it!

/rideau park

Stories

+

Followers

Contact

Search

About the Template