.

.
25.7.16

A Year of Pleasures: truth


Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage.
Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable,
but they’re never weakness.
~ Brene Brown
I have to tell you something.
It's pure raw truth.
If you know me
If you truly know me, then you know this...
I am a watcher.
I am listener
I am human guided by instinct and a natural curiosity for adventure.
I offer and I take. I look inward & outward for comfort
I am a true thief of silence & solace.

I love my space.
I love and respect boundaries, because only then can I look outside of myself
...after all even a mirror has boundaries
you cannot step inside of it
one can only glance at the outer shell of that which it allows one to see
So I love my space, and my time...
I honored it, and usually ask that you honor it as well.

Truth
my life is not perfect
my life is not even great
I have loved, and lost and grieved. I continue to do so.

Life is beautiful, painful, and just rotten at times. Some days I hate to face myself, much less others.
Focusing on My Year of Pleasures has allowed me to look at the obvious.
Yes, even when I feel like crap, that's not the obvious in my life.
The obvious is, thankfully, also the constant:
I have good, healthy children. They are not perfect, but, show me your perfection!
I have healthy food in my refrigerator
...a job that I love
health
a warm cozy house, made a home by my family
I have clothing - a fair amount of designer clothing & shoes.
I have good friends...
I have a partner in my moments of misery...yes, we must all have a partner when we are miserable :)

Truth
Blogs, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, you name it...
they have a way of deceiving, and worse, allowing us to deceive ourselves.
Sometimes you run away with the notion of other people's perfect lives, but hopefully
you snap out of it.

I guess I just want to put it out there.
I am, and have always had a level of filtering on my life and home.
When times are hard I tend to fold into myself. But sometimes,  I take a detour and go on with my days. On such days I may post beautiful photos that have nothing to do with the kind of day that I'm having.
We all do it.
It's not living a lie. It's not falseness.
It's what I call holding on.
It's what I think of as showing the beauty in the ugly, because there's always going to be beauty.

Truth
I am trying to get on (the best way I know...).
I will write, and continue to take and share pretty photos.
I am celebrating courage, and the fact that I've made it this far.

Stories

+

Followers

Contact

Search

About the Template