.

.
24.10.16

A Year of Pleasures: getting up


I am prone to seizures
I used to think that anything could set me off
then I did my homework
and I found the root of my illness

simple?
not really
I still get seizures (although haven't had one in years)
and it scares those around me
but now I know
and everyone around me knows just what to do...

clear the way and stand back...hands off
give me space to go where I need to go
...and to come back down
that's it

I spent the whole week with my children
and
the weekend too

that's natural
of course
but I spent that time in two different houses
which made it seem different

and
i guess it was

they make me crazy
most of the times
and they are always in need of something
food
rest
a hug
warmth
soft gentle words

I am grateful for them
they keep me alive
 through all my ups and downs
they are my constant

Yesterday
as my 3 year old threw herself to the ground
thrusting and screaming through a major meltdown
I didn't step in

I simply cleared the space
I stood back
I watch
and I waited

there was no need to step in
she was going through her thing and she needed that moment
I realized
Life can be that simple
she was going to be alright

Stories

+

Followers

Contact

Search

About the Template